The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Construction Junction are sponsoring their 6th annual Reuse Inspiration Contest for residents of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland counties. There are two categories:
- Home renovation - creative re-use of one or more items in renovation of one room or an entire building.
- Art - creative re-use of one or more items in a two- or three-dimensional work of art
The top three winners in each category receive two tickets to the Big Pour beer festival scheduled for Sept. 10 at Construction Junction and a chance to show off their handiwork in the Post-Gazette. Sorry, last year's winners are not eligible.
How to enter
- Provide your name, phone number, email address and mailing address
- Indicate which category you are entering.
- In 250 words or less, describe the motivation behind your project and how it was achieved.
- Email up to 10 photos of your project. Include caption information at the end of the essay. It will not count against the 250-word limit.
Enter online only at http:/biz.post-gazette.com/RenovationContest/entryform.aspx or by emailing information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry deadline is midnight Sept. 1.
Information: constructionjunction.org, post-gazette.com, email@example.com or 412-263-1978.